your own for free
we will not publish anything on your wall
Stay logged in
Create my account
+ Create a Quiz
Sport & Recreation
Quiz General knowledge
Social Studies Chap 2
on 13 Sep 11, enabled by
(51% of success)
20 questions - 16 players
Social Studies Chapter 2
What advantage did the South feel they had over the North?
They felt they were better huntsmen.
They felt better prepared because of their rural life style.
They had more slaves.
The Union used a _______________ to stop goods from being shipped from the Confederacy to other parts of the nation or other countries.
The Confederate Army thought the Union would
Grow tired and give up.
Fight to the end of the war
Decide to vote on slavery
Why were the first battles of the war confusing?
Too many soldier fighting
Many soldiers were new to fighting in a war so they didn't know what to do.
They all got alone.
How did new military technolgy change the war?
They weren't any new technology.
They only had guns.
Weapons became more accurate which led to a larger number of injuries and deaths.
6. What experiences did Union soldiers and confederate soldiers have in common?
Soldiers were unhappy with the food, they saw their friends dying and they were often drafted.
They both wanted slavery.
They had nothing in common.
7. The ________________________________________________________ was a document signed by President Abraham Lincoln that gave slaves their freedom.
8. Did African Americans help in the war? If so, which side did they help and how?
Yes, they fought with the North and often engaged in combat.
They were slaves to the soldiers.
No, they did not help in the war.
9. Women ran ________________________________________, cared for __________________________, and were
Errands, kids, cooks
Business, soldiers, spies
The army, kids, cooks
10. The Battle of ___________________________________ was a three day struggle that was won by the North.
11. The Battle of Vicksburg resulted in the Confederacy being _________________________________________.
Split in two
Total war results in
Destroying the opposing army and their will to fight
13. Andrew Johnson created a plan for Reconstruction. Why didn't Congress agree with it?
They thought it would be to easy for the south to rebuild after they seceded from the Union.
They wanted the South to rebuild.
They thought it would be easy for the North to rebuild.
14. The Reconstruction Acts allowed _________________________________________________ men the right to vote.
15. The Thirteenth Amendment stated _________________________________________________________________.
African Americans are not citizens
Slavery is legal
Slavery was illegal
The Fourteenth amendment stated
That freed slaves were citizens and were given equal protection
That freed slaves were not citizens and were not given equal protection
The split between the north and the south
The Fifteen Amendment sated
That no male citizens had the right to vote.
That all male citizens had the right to vote.
All people can vote
What was the Anaconda Plan? Who used it, and how did it work?
Created by General Lee fo the Confedearacy. It involved haing soldiers attacht the Union from the east & west
Created by the Bolider states.
Created by General Scott of the Union army. It involved having soldiers attack the Confederacy from the east & west; slowing closing in on them
How did General Grant act toward the Confederate soldiers after the surrender at Appomattox Courthouse? Why did he act this way?
He allowed them to keep their personal items such as weapons and horses. He offered them food and allowed them to go free.
He did not allow them to keep their personal items.
He didn't keep weapons and horses. He took away food and return them to slavery
What opportunities did the Freedmen's Bureau give to former slaves?
Assist former slaves after the war; built hospitals & schools for blacks in the South. Hired black & white teachers from the north & south
Forced them back to slavery
Quiz.biz does not certify the quizzes to be reliable, contact Jmathis !
Comment this Quiz
If you want to rank and comment this quizz,
create an account
You will love these quizzes
Alexander the Great
1 223 players
7 879 players
The Holocaust and Nazism
1 736 players
4 477 players
The Caribbean - History
3 308 players
10 yrs ago
this month )
60% in 82s
35% in 42s
35% in 308s
25% in 155s
Latest quizzes & tests
Mobile & social networks
Test de connaissances
2 226 320
How to create a Quiz ?